Friday, July 25, 2008

Oklahoma and Six Flags


Grandma stayed really late to visit the night before we left. Kinsey wanted to go home with her.

Grandma and Grandma Great both spent some time reading to Kinsey. Then she started "tickling" us all. She loved the reactions to the tickling.

On Tuesday Tammie and Aaron arrived, their kids were happy to see them. I got books for all of the kids, some I sent before I got there, so they had already read a little. I sent Isaac the book Twilight, he enjoyed and it and read New Moon, and Eclipse while I was there as well. I took my copies of New Moon and Eclipse with me so that he could. But to my surprise, it was his sister who liked them the best. Isaac liked them really well as well, but Jade Loved them! She is currently reading Eclipse. I had ordered Anne of Green Gables for her to read, but she hasn't really gotten to it yet. Anyway, the point I was trying to get to was that Jade stayed at home to read while her brothers and sister went with Papa to pick up her parents. She sure is a sweet girl. She helped me out a lot with Kinsey. Kinsey absolutely loved playing with everyone. And it seemed like they all enjoyed her as well. Aspyn probably not as much as the others though. Her Uncle Aaron even loved her, he said that she needed to come and visit them in Oregon. Wednesday we shopped, Thursday we got things together and ready for our trip to 6 Flags. We visited through out the time. My mom had that week off, and my dad took Friday off so that we could go to six flags on Friday. The trip was a little bit painful for my knee, but it was still good to visit. We had a lot of fun at 6 Flags, and most of us got really wet. My Dad was the only one who didn't get wet. We took advantage of the fact that I couldn't really walk and had to ride in a wheel chair. We figured out that I could go up the exit of most rides, and that 5 people could come with me. We went on one of the water rides 3 times, two of those time were one right after the other, we didn't even get off because they took us to the wrong side and I couldn't get off and walk around. Jade talked me into going on the Mr. Freeze ride with her at the end of the day. If I hadn't been hurt it probably would have been fun. As it was though, it hurt my leg really bad. It locks you in pretty tight, but I think I probably should have gotten the lap bar a little tighter because when we went upside down I felt like I was about to fall out. Gladly it's a really fast ride and it got over quick. Jade and I had wanted to stay until the park closed, but we decided to go ahead and head back to the hotel along with everyone else. We all got into the pool after we got there, but not for very long. We had a very late dinner of pizza from Papa Johns and then watched a little TV and went to sleep. Normally I love Papa John's and it doesn't bother me, but this time was a different case. We all got sick. Everyone that ate the pizza ended up with diarrhea. Made for an interesting trip home. We went to the lake a couple more times that week as well. I got to visit with my Grandma a little bit more after we got back. On Monday we all went to the movies. My Mom, Kinsey, and I went to see Mama Mia, and everyone else went to see the new Batman movie. We all enjoyed our movies. I really liked Mama Mia, even Kinsey liked it pretty well. She likes shows that have music that gets you up and moving. She was dancing through parts of the movie. I am really looking forward to seeing the Batman movie though, they all said it was REALLY good! My Dad was even talking about how good it was and that we should see it. Normally if you ask my Dad he will give you his opinion of a movie, and normally he will tell you just to wait to watch in a DVD, or not to watch it at all. If he likes it alright its a DVD, but he REALLY liked this movie. He said that we should go see it, so that says A LOT! Hopefully Ryan and I will get to go see it soon. It is kind of long though, but very good. My sister, Tammie, said that Heath Ledger did a great job of portraying the Joker. Tuesday we spent visiting, I had done most of my packing the day before, but I still had some things to pack, so some of my time was spent doing that. I also made empanada's that night. Wednesday morning, my mom woke us up to get ready to go. We said our goodbyes, and Tammie took us to Tulsa, to the airport. She went all the way to the gate with us, and Kinsey was not happy to be leaving her. She wasn't happy to be leaving any of them. "I want Grandma. I want aunt Tammie. I want Papa. I want Dalton." So on and so forth. The night before we left Isaac was playing with Kinsey while I was taking care of somethings. She had SO much fun playing with him. He had her laughing SO hard. It was really cute, and really sweet of Isaac. She really misses everyone. She was happy to see her Grandma (Susan) when we got to the airport in Las Vegas too. She keeps talking about everyone in Oklahoma though. Yesterday she told me she wanted to go to Grandma's house. We did got to one of her Grandma's houses. So, to sum up, we had a GREAT TRIP!!!! And we are looking forward to Jade coming to visit us in August on her way home. I miss everyone as well, but I'm also really happy to be with Ryan again, it's not easy being apart. Kinsey was really happy to see her Daddy again too. I'll try to get some pictures posted when I get them. I didn't take a lot of pictures while I was there. Just the first day or two and then some the night before we left.

1 comment:

Britain said...

We are glad to have you back. Let me know if you and Kinsey want to come swim sometime this week.