Kinsey looking at the picture of her cow that Papa and Grandma gave her for her Birthday.
Here she's holding her cards from Great Grandma Mary, and Mommy and Daddy.
Yes, she got another cell phone, and yes, it is Elmo.
Trying to open one of her presents(I might have put a bit too much tape on this one.)
But she got it open anyway.
Sorry it has taken me so long to get this posted. My charger for my laptop isn't working very well, so I've had a hard time getting online to do this. Anyway! So Kinsey's Birthday was great! I think she really loved it. She went around, and is still going around, singing "Happy Birthday to Me!" Her Birthday was the day the Olympics started, 08.08.08, so her Birthday party theme was the Olympics. I found some cute things online and in Party City for the decorations and party favors. I ordered Gold, Silver, and Bronze Medals for the kids, and they competed in "Olympic" events to receive them. They raced, tried to slingshot water balloons, and threw water balloons. We had it at a park with a splash pad, so they also had fun playing on the playground equipment and the splash pad. They did really great, I didn't even hear any grumbling when they had to pick up the balloons they had busted. We had orange chicken, pot stickers, rice, and fortune cookies, and instead of a cake she had a cookie cake with little international flags around the edge, and the Olympics rings in the middle, and cupcakes with an Olympic ring on each one. There were 25 balloons, 5 of each of the colors of the Olympic rings, and 2 American flags at either end of the main table. Here are some pictures that were taken at her party:
Abby and Ashton taking their turn with the slingshots
Kyle and Lance with their turn. Kyle and I had the same experience when trying this, our water balloons popped on us instead of sailing away.
Erick and Luke had their turn as well.
And finally, it was Kinsey's turn. She was a little disappointed though, because Daddy just ended up throwing it.
Aiden and Kinsey watching some of the other kids throw water balloons.
Kinsey opening some of here presents, with Daddy helping and Kaylee and Rachel looking on.
Kinsey is actually pretty good at opening presents now.
Kinsey smiling away while playing with her pig and duck.
Another cute one of Kinsey with her presents.
We didn't end up lighting the candles because it was so windy. You can see some of the decorations, the cookie cake, some of the cupcakes, and the goody bags in this picture.
6 comments:
Happy Birthdy Kinsey! I can't believe she is TWO!!!
Looks like a blast. What a cute idea. They grow up so fast!
That was a super fun party. Thanks for all the work you did to make it great for everyone!
You did so much work, but the kids had a blast, so I'd say its worth it! You did such a good job documenting the party I feel like was there anyways!
Really cute party. Happy Birthday Kinsey!!!!
Hey Ryan! Long time, no see. David and I found your blog. Your little girl is a cuttie. Keep in touch and come see our blog.
Post a Comment