Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

It took a little while, but we were finally able to get Kinsey to say Happy Father's Day. We went shopping last night to get Ryan's Fathers Day gift of 2 pairs of work pants and a pair of casual jeans. While Ryan was in the dressing room trying these things on Kinsey wanted to walk around. I asked her if she wanted to pick something out for Daddy for Father's Day, and she said yes. So we walked around a little bit, and came up to some shorts. Now these weren't just any shorts, they were plaid shorts. She chose the pair she liked, and I looked for Ryan's size, but I couldn't find it(much to Ryan's pleasure). So I told her we would have to look for something else. Well, in the same area where the shorts were there were some collared shirts. The one Kinsey chose was a burnt orange color. We took it over to where Ryan was trying on the jeans, and Kinsey gave it to him. Ryan wasn't real thrilled about it. I told him that Kinsey had picked it out for him, so he considered getting it. But we talked Kinsey it to picking something else out. The next thing she picked out was a yellow collared shirt with brown stripes. Again, Ryan was not thrilled. He talked her into getting a tie. So he picked her up so she could pick some out. She chose one, but Ryan said maybe not that one. So I tossed a few over in front of them that I thought Ryan would like. He put her hand down on the one that he liked best and she picked it up. Ryan told her that that was a great present. She also picked out the Father's Day card, it has minnie mouse on it, the saying is actually pretty cute though. Well, this was our Fathers Day. Ryan was quite the trooper. With my leg being messed up it is difficult for me to get around, so he had to take care of Kinsey, including changing the poopy diapers. Happy Father's Day to all the fathers!

1 comment:

TaMiThA said...

Hey! Thanks for thinking about me! I am thinking we will be coming down there on our way to San Diego. I don't know if we are going through in the middle of the night or during the day but when it gets closer I will let you know for sure. I know we aren't going until around the first week in August!