Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Injury Update
So I had a check up today with my orthopedic doctor to check out my knee. He said that it looks like it is healing well. I still have to wear the brace, but he wants me to try to bend it to a 90 degree angle(he set my brace so that I can only bend it to a 90 degree angle). I'm still a little afraid to though. I really do not want to have surgery. I'm afraid I am going to cause it to get worse by bending it. I know that the doctor told me I could bend it, but I'm still a little worried about it. Plus it hurts to bend it. He told me only to bend it to the point it doesn't hurt. And to work up to 90 degrees, and to work up to not having to use the crutches. I'm still supposed to use the crutches for now, but he wants me to try to get to where I only need one, and then to where I do not need them at all. I go back on the 1st of July for my next appointment. He said if I am bending my knee at a 90 degree angle, not using my crutches, and my knee cap seems to be healing as it should then I might be able to stop using the brace. I still can not drive, and I am supposed to continue to try to take it easy. So that is the update. That is what I know so far concerning my right knee cap. I'm supposed to start physical therapy in the next couple of weeks for the other parts of my body that were hurt in the accident. I hope that everyone is doing well! Take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you continue to improve! And hope you don't have to have surgery. Yuck!
Post a Comment