Saturday, January 24, 2009

Somewhere over on Rainbow


Yesterday was a busy day. Susan came by to pick Kinsey and I up to take us to my physical therapy appointment at 9, from there we headed over to my appointment for an ultrasound. We had some time in between, so on the way we went to breakfast at a McDonalds on Rainbow that was dedicated to the Wizard of OZ. It was probably one of the nicest McDonalds I'd ever seen. Parts of it were even nicer than some normal sit down restaurants. It was pretty cool though, especially seeing as it was a Wizard of OZ theme on Rainbow. After breakfast we headed further down Rainbow to find the doctors office where I had my ultrasound. Susan and Kinsey got to come in with me for the Ultrasound, and we all had fun getting to see the baby and hear the baby's heartbeat. The Ultrasound was to check for Down Syndrome and other things like that. The Ultrasound Tech told me that the baby looks good, and that it doesn't look like the baby has down syndrome. The baby didn't want to cooperate at first, so she had to measure while the baby was all curled up, but the tech said that the baby is 3inches from head to rump, and that its foot is just over a half inch long. Also the baby's heartbeat was 165. After the ultrasound we went down stairs to get the finger prick blood test taken care of. The lab tech was quite surprised when she pricked my finger and blood started flowing down my fingers. I thought since my blood seemed to be flowing so well I should try to get the rest of my blood work done, so we headed over to my regular doctors office. It took the lab tech there 3 times to get a good vien, but once she did she was able to get all of the blood she needed for the prenatal tests very quickly. Now this may seem like nothing to you, but for me it is a big deal. You see it is usually very hard to get blood from me. I tried to donate blood for Austin's Eagle project, but I was unable to get a full pint. In fact I barely got a half pint, and I was sitting there for a LONG time. So I guess long story short, my appointments went really well, and the baby is doing really well.

1 comment:

Britain said...

Thanks for the invite. Good call on going private, I think. And a big official congratulations on your upcoming addition!