Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Playing in the Rain


This weekend we took Ryan's little brother Austin up to Provo for volley ball camp at BYU. While there we stayed with Ryan's Aunt Mary Lou and Uncle Jeff. We had a lot of fun visiting with them. It rained on Saturday and Sunday, and on Saturday Kinsey and I had fun playing in the rain. I hadn't been able to do that for a while, and Kinsey hadn't ever played in the rain, so we took advantage of the opportunity. She loved it! The rain was nice and cool, and although the day had been warm, as usual with Utah, it started cooling off in the evening. We played for a while, and then Daddy decided to come out with an umbrella to find us. Kinsey loved playing with our umbrella, most of the time it was not covering her. Since it got cool, we had to stop, but we enjoyed it while it lasted. We also went out to eat that night at Tucanos, a Brazilian restaurant. It was REALLY good! On Sunday we went to church with Mary Lou and Jeff, had dinner, and played a fun game called "Shout It Out!" The teams were Austin and Jeff vs. Ryan, Mary Lou, and I. I guess you could say that Kinsey was on our team too, but she really didn't participate. There were 8 rounds of different shows and commercial slogans on TV. The lead went back and forth, but in the end we tied. We visited a little more on Monday morning, got things together, and Ryan took Austin to BYU for his Volley ball camp. The trip back went fairly fast, mainly because Kinsey slept a good part of the time, and watched Clifford for almost the rest of the time, and I read. I'm paying for it now though, between being in the car for so long, and trying to walk more, and without the aid of crutches, my knee is killing me. Kinsey was excited when we got back, we went straight to her cousin Kimball's 1st birthday party. It was at a park that had a place where the kids could play in the water, they all seemed to enjoy it. Now I'm busy trying to plan Kinsey's birthday party. We hope you all are well!! And sorry to those we didn't get to see on our visits this summer.

No comments: