Wednesday, July 23, 2008

There and back again: a Hafen's tale

So the reason why there is such a huge gap in between posts is because we were gone to Oklahoma. We left on the 11th, and Kinsey and I got back today. Ryan came back on the 14th, but before that he was able to have some fun with us. Kinsey and I arrived earlier than Ryan, and we went to hang out with Sam, Kristen, and Emma at their place in Tulsa.

Kinsey and Emma playing together on the air mattress in Emma's room
Kinsey and Emma had a lot of fun jumping on the air mattress and playing with Sam. Kinsey also really enjoyed playing with Emma's puzzles. Kristen and I went shopping the next morning, and then Ryan, Kinsey, and I went with Sam to a BBQ at the OU Tulsa Campus. There was some good food there. Thanks again for letting us stay with you guys!
After the BBQ we headed down to my parents house and then to the Lake. We had SO much fun!!! My mom and dad rented a boat for all of us to go out on. Kinsey and Ryan had a lot of fun tubing, and I think Ryan enjoyed skiing as well. The kids all had a lot of fun tubing and swimming. I even got in the water for a little while, but not for very long, because it hurt my leg too much.

Kinsey, Ryan, and Jade swimming in Lake Tenkiller

Kinsey, Ryan, and part of Dalton's head. Ryan thought it was a great idea to jump over the side of the boat with Kinsey in his arms. I was not happy, and rather worried, but he didn't care, and it didn't seem to bother Kinsey. It still scared me a little though. I didn't think anyone should be jumping over the side, it's too dangerous!

(from left to right) Sam, Ryan, Kinsey, Dalton, Jade, Mikaila, and Isaac

I actually got a picture of Isaac smiling! Well, pretty much smiling.

Ryan and Kinsey getting ready to tube.

We had a lot of fun and got a lot of sun. On Sunday we went to church and visited with family. We had some steak from one of the cows my Dad raised. It was really good. On Monday we went fishing, and Ryan caught his first fish! Actually, he caught his first 3 fish! We had a good time. However, we were gone for probably a little bit too long. We left my Mom with Kinsey and Aspyn. Kinsey and Aspyn like to play together, but they didn't always (hardly ever) get along very well. Ryan came home on Monday. I'll have to finish telling about the rest of our visit later. Sorry it took so long to post again.

No comments: