Friday, September 5, 2008

Scary Spiders

So it has been a little while since the last time we had the pest control guy come out and spray. Normally I have him come every month, but with everything that was going on, and us missing each other, it didn't happen. Our nieces and nephews Kaylee, Ashton, Aiden, and Dalin we here on Wednesday night, we had fun watching Enchanted with them, and Kaylee, Ashton, and I played clue. When their Mom came to pick them up Kinsey was really sad and wanted to go with them, so we went outside to tell them bye. When I walked out the front door I saw some big black scary, poisonous looking spiders. I was afraid that they might be black widows, so when Ryan left the door open to go get something out of his car for me, I freaked out. I told him about the spiders there on our front porch and that he could have let them in by leaving the door open. He, as usual, down played my worry. "They're going to get in and kill us." (Something to that effect anyway.) Of course, he said this with lots of sarcasm. I said, "they could be poisonous!" Well, it turns out that I was right to worry! I mean he already had a bite on his leg and his skin was all red around it. So the next day when our pest control guy came to spray and I talked to him about the spiders, and he saw them, he confirmed my fears. They were Black Widows! And not only were there black widows by our front door, but there was an Egg! So if I hadn't taken such quick action the night before in calling him to have him to come the next day we would have ended up with tons of baby black widows here! And Ryan wonders why I am so afraid of spiders(I have other reasons for this fear, but this is a good example. Who in their right mind would want to go anywhere near a black widow, much less two of them!)!! And no, I did not take pictures of these spiders, I wasn't about to stand around long enough to take a picture of them. I had to go to the store that night, and I was going to go in Ryan's car, but I changed my mind and went in my car because it was parked in the garage. I wouldn't go out the front door at all for a while after he sprayed even. Our garage door suited me just fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I am there with you on the spider thing!! I hate them!!! Can't stand them and I am not going to get close enough to see if they are posionous or not! Miss ya tons!!!!

Britain said...

Spiders creep me out too. I can't even smush them to kill them. Instead, I vacuum them up.